Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Early Morning Run in the Rain

I am not complaining about my new work schedule, but I'm still trying to figure out how to fit my running into my days. While I was at the gallery, I could typically drop Sam off at daycare and then run. Yes, it was pretty cushy :-) Now, since I have to be to work at 8:30 or 9:00 depending on the day, I have to find a new routine. On the short days that I'm not doing any other work in the afternoons, I can run then. Otherwise, I have to run early. Ryan is willing to set the alarm, but begrudgingly so, as it seems that I only actually get out of bed half of the times I plan to :-) Ha! In any event, this morning, Sam woke up around 5:10, just a few minutes before the alarm was set to go off. I got her back to sleep, and then got myself dressed to run. I was out the door at 5:45, into the rainy, dark morning.

It was early enough that I ran the cart paths for my 5 miles. It was not a fast 5 miles, but I got it done. Definitely got soaked :-)

No comments: