Sunday, June 30, 2013

Melting

After a number of late nights and a busy week, Sam finally decided it was time to catch up on a bit of the sleep she'd missed. She slept until 8:30 this morning, which is practically unheard of! I think both Ryan and I were awake before she was at some point, but as we were sharing a room with her at Irene and Dana's, neither of us dared actually get up, so both of us stayed in bed :-) Of course, that meant our thoughts of an early morning run together at the other Brad were out the window before we even got out of bed, but oh well. I was happy to have her sleep! Ryan thought he'd still get in his long run, just at night, at home (in fact, he's out there as I write), so I knew that meant I'd have to run at Irene and Dana's if I wanted to get in any miles today. Well, it couldn't be much worse than yesterday, so I resigned myself to heat and humidity and lots of sweat, and headed out around 10:00. There was more of a breeze today but the humidity was just a killer, and the air quality couldn't have been good. I ran the same loop as yesterday, and managed to run pretty much the same time, although not without feeling like I was working much harder than I should have been for 8:25 pace! I came home drenched in sweat, and couldn't believe that rivers of sweat were pouring down my legs after only 41 minutes out there. Craziness! Looks like the heat is staying with us for a while... hope the humidity dissipates a bit or it's going to be another rough week...

No comments: