Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Chilly

Wore long sleeves, tights and gloves this morning, and could have worn my winter running hat too - my ears were cold :-) It was only 41 degrees at first light, and it sure felt like fall out there.

The sun rose softly this morning, simply emitting a peachy glow along the horizon. There were little wet footprints along the bog bridges at the end of the Heath but none clear enough that I could discern who had traveled them before me. The cotton sedge puff-balls looked like frost atop the golden grasses.

Got in a nice 4 miles to shake out the legs. A bit of tightness in my hip again but I'm headed to see Dr. Jamie on Thursday, so hopefully that will take care of it.


2 comments:

Kevin said...

34 degrees in Center Conway this morning. I love it. I had the hat and gloves on, but it was nice.

Sparkplug said...

Yes, this is the best time of year! Hat, gloves, tights and a crispness in the air. Love it!