Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Morning Run

Second morning in a row of tights, long sleeves and gloves. This morning, even though I headed out around the same time as yesterday, around 5:45 am, I took my headlamp. I planned to try a possible Snowplug 50k loop, which would take me into the woods right away and I knew I would need the light to actually see where I was going for the first few miles :-)

Up the trail to the summit and then out through the woods to Mountain Road. There I turned off my light and looked across to see a golden light on the horizon, the sky clear of clouds but still glowing as the sun rose. My route took me along the Heath and down to the river, the mist rising above the water. The return to the house isn't quite sorted out yet, as I was hoping not to have to repeat the Mountain Road/Mt. Ararat trail section, so I'll have to try again and see if I can figure things out to make a loop instead of the rather lopsided lollypop that I did this morning. On the flip side, if we do do this morning's route, it's clocking in at exactly 6.2 miles :-)

No comments: